To participate in this study, contact: Alastair Corbett
Research site: Concord Hospital, Sydney
Animal models and tissue culture systems have been developed to assess the results of potential therapies.
Future potential therapy
There is the likelihood of human trials within 5 years.
There are a number of collaborative opportunities in this area:
- Clinical markers of disease progression or biomarkers to be used for future therapeutic trials
- Longitudinal studies – registries
- Management of cardiac complications
- Cognitive impairment
- Management of fatigue and sleep disturbance
- Susceptibility to infection