The development of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy clinical practice guideline is currently underway utilising an NHMRC guided process. In keeping with this process, a call for committee members to join the scientific steering group is now open. We would welcome your participation. The guideline development process involves a number of steps. As a snapshot, the process will involve a systematic review (to be completed by Zoe Davidson and Paula Bray and the scientific committee), and a series of modified Delphi method rounds to develop consensus statements (involving the committee and a broad representation of allied health professionals). There will be a range of opportunities for allied health professionals from Australia and New Zealand to participate throughout the duration of the project.
Seeking Expressions of Interest for the Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee will consist of a small group of professionals with demonstrated expertise in the allied health and nursing care of individuals with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The primary role of the Advisory Committee will be to provide expert advice pertaining to content matters of scope, methodology and formulation of the guidelines. Specifically, the Committee will:
– Review and provide input into the development of the scope of the guidelines.
– Review the outcomes of the systematic literature review.
– Review and provide input into the writing of preliminary recommendations for Delphi.
– Actively participate in and support the Delphi process.
– Attendance at a two day workshop in New Zealand at the conclusion of the Delphi process.
– Review and provide input into the final guidelines document pre and post public consultation.
– Allied health professional with demonstrated expertise in the care of boys with DMD;
– Post graduate research training in a neuromuscular field is desirable.
– Able to meet the required time commitment for active participation in the development process (approximately 1 hour/week for 2015).
Members of the Scientific Advisory Committee should be available to contribute to regular teleconferences. The timing will vary according to the progress of the guideline. The time commitment is estimated to be approximately one hour per week for the year 2015. The first teleconference will be held in January 2015.
If you are interested in working on this Committee please forward a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.
EOI close by 5pm 19th December 2014.
Once the committee is convened a confirmation email will be sent to all members and a full scope and governance document will be provided.
Thank you for your consideration- we are looking forward to developing a national document to advance the allied health care for boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. For any further queries please contact Zoe: firstname.lastname@example.org or; Paula: email@example.com.